Northeastern played by far their best game of the year and came away with a 9-2 win AT #2 Notre Dame.
- Garrett Vermeersch and Braden Pimm had 2 goals. Justin Daniels, Cody Ferriero, Dan Cornell, Adam Reid and Drew Ellement also scored.
- The goals were the first of Reid and Cornell’s career. It was the first of the year for Vermeersch
- Ludwig Karlsson (4), Steve Quailer (3), Anthony Bitetto (2), Vinny Saponari (2), Ferriero (2), Ellement and Drew Daniels all had assists.
- Chris Rawlings saved 25 of 27 shots.
- The Huskies were outshot 27-20.
- NU was 0-4 on the PP. Notre Dame was 1-7.
What You Need to Know
- The Huskies scored 3 goals in the first 4 minutes on their first 3 shots chasing ND’s goalie Mike Johnson from the game before he even made a save.
- The Huskies would continue this trend by scoring in the opening minute of all 3 periods.
- 8 Huskies had multiple point nights.
- There were more players with points than there were without points.
- The Huskies played a full 60 and absolutely dominated. They looked amazing.
10/10, A+, perfect. What else is there to say? Its now a 4 game win streak. They have been scoring in bunches and just playing great hockey. They have found a way to turn all of those close, 1 goal losses into wins. If they keep playing like this, this team is going to make some noise at the end of the year. The game was just a joy to watch. WRBB did great on the broadcast. Apparently, the ND broadcast forgot to mute themselves while they were trashing the team. I also heard them say that ND coach Jeff Jackson hates Friday home games because his team has to go to class all day while the other team gets to focus only on hockey. They will fit in perfectly in Hockey East.
Just a great win for the Huskies and hopefully a sign that there are some big things to come down the road for this team.