As I walked home from the game Friday, I overheard two guys talking excitedly about how many votes we’d be receiving in this week’s poll. Those bros will be disappointed to see we didn’t get “so many votes” and we are still behind UNH in the polls. What an outrage!!!!!
PC leads the Hockey East right now. Its early. Relax. The polls never matter. Ever. Especially not after 2 weeks. Maybe when the Pairwise Rankings come out, we can mention them.
- Congrats to Chris Rawlings for being named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week. You can see the rest of the award winners there as well.
- Mad DogHouse takes an indepth look at some new Northeastern recruits.
- UMass beat Bentley but lost to PC last weekend. Fight Mass has the recap.
- Fear the Triangle takes a look at Hockey East expansion.
- Speaking of expansion, one candidate, UConn pulled a shocking upset on Lowell Tuesday after Lowell had just swept MSU-Mankato. The Ice is Life wants to know who is responsible for even scheduling that game.
- BU lost to PC on Friday, but beat Denver on Saturday. It was a record setting night for Kieran Millan (via The Boston Hockey Blog)
- BC also split the weekend with a loss to Denver and a win over UNH
- 98.5 the Sports Hub, will be doing radio broadcasts of select BC games this year.
- The UNH Wildcats are 0-3 and they have been outscored 14-1.
- Merrimack has added a new recruit. (via Warrior Rink Rat)
- PC is 2-0. yes, Providence College. 2 Hockey East Wins. 0 losses. In mens hockey.
- On tap for this weekend: Vermont (at Minnesota) and UNH (at St. Cloud State) head out west for 2. Providence will put their undefeated record to the test as those host the defending national champs, Minnesota Duluth twice. BU is off Friday, before Holy Cross comes in on Saturday. BC is the only team with 2 conference games this weekend. They play UMass at home on Friday before going into the city to face Northeastern on Saturday. The only other conference game is Friday when Northeastern visits their home away from home, Lawler to take on Merrimack. Merrimack then has UConn at home Saturday to round out the weekend schedule.