Another weekend in the books. Northeastern has played 5 conference games. Lowell and Vermont have played none. Its still early. The polls still mean absolutely nothing. Here’s your weekly look around the rest of the conference.
- Bill Arnold broke Northeastern’s hearts on Saturday night and picked up Player of the Week honors from Hockey East. He shares the honor with Vermont’s Sebastian Stalberg. Northeastern’s Joseph Manno picked up Rookie of the Week. And backup Merrimack goalie Sam Marotta was the Defensive Player of the Week.
- BC did lose Defenseman Patrick Wey in the win vs Northeastern.
- Northeastern went 0 for 2 on the weekend, but the DogHouse got some recognition.
- BU had just one game on the weekend. They lost to Holy Cross. At home. But if you need any more reason to laugh read this column by the fanboy picture above. Its a classic. Yes is the same kid Fight Mass got on a couple weeks ago for being a fanboy.
- UMass also lost to BC this weekend. Fear the Triangle has the recap here.
- Lowell was off, but that can’t stop The Ice is Life from enjoying the misery of others. Especially Vermont who lost twice.
- Warrior Rink Rat has a good mailbag covering some roadtrip questions.