Merrimack’s Lawler Arena is the worst rink in the league. Here is why it sucks:
- The glass behind the net is too short. The game is stopping every two seconds because the puck is going out of play.
- The place is in the middle of nowhere.
- The ice is awful (there is a huge build up of snow 5 minutes into every period and there is a huge drop in the corner where the Zamboni enters, where the puck gets stuck.
- Sight lines are awful
- Its even harder to see when a constant stream of people are walking by during play because they just got there. This happened for the majority of the first period.
- Last nights game was the first sell out I have been to where only 1/4 the rink was filled 10 minutes before the game.
- You can’t get cell phone reception inside.
- Its freezing in there. Do they have heat?
- Merrimack plays there
Thank god we don’t have to go back there for another year.