- Joe Vitale (15 g, 1-2-3) is just one of many centers on the Pens roster, but that list just got 1 smaller, when they traded away Mark Letestu thanks in part to his solid play. Vitale could be in battle for playing time once Sid the Kid returns though.
- The Worcester Sharks are off to a good start thanks to one of their best rookie classes ever, which features Brodie Reid (8g, 1-2-3)
- Greg Cronin’s PK revamp up in Toronto is not going so well. The first couple weeks were good, but now things have gone sour for Cro. At least they dont have him running the Power Play.
- Brad Thiessen has been outstanding and has been a big part of the early season turn around for Wilkes Barre Scranton. Brad is already 7-2, whith 2 shutouts and has only allowed 17 goals all season. He will be the next NU player to make the NHL, its just a question of when.
- Wade MacLeod is off to a decent start in Springfield. Through 11 games, he has 1 goal and 4 assists.
- Tyler McNeely is tearing it up for a struggling Bridgeport team. Through 10 games, he has 5 goals and 6 assists to go with a +9 rating. Hopefully he can keep it up and earn a shot with the Islanders.
- Chris Student sat out last year after transferring to Minnesota, and he has yet to dress for a game this year besides an exhibition game.
- Jamie Oleksiak is transitioning to major juniors well. He has 4 goals in 18 games, as well as a +2 rating.
- I saw JP Maley at the gym yesterday. His intramural team, the Mighty Ducks, must count on other results if they hope to make the playoffs.