The Huskies are on the road tonight at PC before they return to Matthews for Homecoming against the Catamounts of UVM. Here is a look at what is going on for the rest of Hockey East.
- We’ll start with the big non-conference game. BC travels out to South Bend to take on future Hockey East member, Notre Dame on Friday. BC is #3 and ND #4 according to the Poles. The game will be shown live on CBS Sports Network.
- In the leagues other Friday night TV game, UVM comes to Boston to play BU. BU will be without goalie Kieran Millan, who was suspended for skipping classes. Apparently, they care about that over on Comm Ave all of the sudden.* That may actually be bad news for a Catamount team dying for offense. Millan has looked pretty bad this year and backup Grant Rollheiser is pretty good. BU then hosts UNH Saturday.
- Lowell has been the biggest surprise of the season so far and they have a huge weekend coming up. Friday night, they play at Lake Whitt against UNH and then Saturday they return home for a game against their biggest rivals, the other UMass. Lowell turn some heads with a 7-1 win over BU, but they turned even more heads when they swept Maine in Orono last weekend. This weekend should give a better picture of exactly how far Lowell has come.
- The final Friday night game is a surging UMass team playing host to a struggling Maine team. Things aren’t so great up North and Maine will be looking to get back on track.
- Here is what USCHO thinks will happen. Ignore the fact that they think NU is at home tonight vs PC.
*Let it be known that our pick for BU’s annual mid season dismissal is Alex Chiasson.