Northeastern completed the weekend and series sweep of Vermont with a 4-2 win last night.
- Robbie Vrolyk, Alex Tuckerman, Dan Cornell, and Cody Ferriero scored for the Huskies.
- Mike McLaughlin had 3 assists. Vrolyk, Tuckerman, Braden Pimm, Garrett Vermeersch, and Anthony Bitetto also had one a piece.
- Chris Rawlings saved 23 out of 25 shots.
- NU outshot the Catamounts 28 to 25.
- NU was 0-1 on the PP. Vermont was 1-4.
What You Need to Know
- The Huskies never trailed and besides the end of the first period, they were the better team and they controlled the game for long stretches of play. But Vermont made it 3-2 with 2 minutes left and set up a nervy finish.
- The third line had a big night to cap off a big weekend. Vrolyk picked up his first goal in forever. McLaughlin had a huge weekend and picked up 3 assists.
- The sweep is huge for Northeastern because it puts them right back in the playoff picture. Thanks to helpful results elsewhere in the league, the Huskies now sit tied for 7th with UMass Amherst, who Northeastern plays next Friday.
- This was a big weekend for the Huskies. On paper, it should have been an easy 4 points. But its never that easy with Northeastern. This weekend, they took care of business and righted the ship. Now they are in a position to make the playoffs if they can keep this up.