Rawlings sucked. He should have been pulled after the second goal. The Power Play is an absolute atrocity. Luke Eibler had one of the worst games I have ever seen a defenseman have. Dong is just not good enough and I would have no problem with Steve Morra replacing him in the lineup after his performance and late game antics. Justin Daniels and Dong could not be an effective second line even if Wayne Gretzky was their center. And basically everyone on the team gave up midway through the second. So it was a typical Beanpot.
Now onto the good stuff:
- The general consensus was that the Doghouse was the best student section. As usual. Next year Madigan may be better off just picking kids out of the stands, at least they would play with some heart. The “We Want Blood” chant drew rave reviews as did the “We Want Harvard” in response to BC’s chant of “We Want BU”
- It was great only having to pay attention for 2 periods. The game was so far gone by the 3rd, that we were actually able to enjoy ourselves at a Beanpot.
- The NU Shuffle was taken to the next level with about 5 rows at a time doing it. But the best of all was Preston running all over the rink every time we did it.
- Then in the biggest upset of the night, the Green Line came first and it was an E train. You can’t make this stuff up.
- On the train home, some girl kept yelling that she had too many nachos. She also called herself a “bonerjammer”. Unfortunately she couldn’t explain what that meant.
- Who’s train is this? Dog Train
- Everyone wants Madigan fired now. Apparently doing the occasional scouting work and being the Dean of the Business school for 18 years is not a good background for a coach?
- The season’s not over yet. There is still plenty of games for the team to knock themselves out of the playoff race. And most of them are at home.