Northeastern snapped their 4 game losing streak with a huge 8-3 win at Vermont last night.
- Cody Ferriero picked up a natural hat trick for the Huskies. The other goals came from Garrett Vermeersch, Mike McLaughlin, Adam Reid, Ludwig Karlsson and Steve Quailer all had goals for Northeastern.
- Drew Ellement, Josh Manson, Anthony Bitetto, Steve Quailer (2), Justin Daniels, Braden Pimm (3), Ludwig Karlsson (2), Vinny Saponari (2), and Cody Ferriero all picked up assists.
- Chris Rawlings saved 31 out of 34 shots.
- Vermont outshot NU 34-30.
- NU was 3-6 on the PP, but gave up a shorthanded goal. Vermont was 1-6
What You Need to Know
- The Huskies traveled on Thursday morning and they reaped the benefits.
- In a must win game, he team came out fresh and jumped out to an early 2 goal lead and controlled the game from there.
- 3 power play goals for the this time is huge. Giving up shorthanded goals is becoming an issue for this team. Luckily it didn’t hurt them last night. Also, the shorthanded goal was scored by Kyle Mountain, who is the younger brother of NU’s backup goalie Bryan Mountain.
- 12 out of 18 Huskies had points. 5 had multipoint games (Quailer 3, Pimm 3, Karlsson 3, Saponari 2, Ferriero 4)
- It was a good night for NU as they got they win they needed and they were able to break out their offensive slump. But if they can’t compete like this for the rest of the season, then it won’t matter much.